June 24, 2024, 1:24 pm

MP Anwarul murder: 3 arrestees placed on 8-day remand

  • Update Time : Friday, May 24, 2024
  • 15 Time View
Photo: Collected

Staff Correspondent:

A Dhaka court today granted eight days remand to three accused arrested in the case filed over killing Anwarul Azim Anar, Member of Parliament of Jhenaidah-4 Constituency.

On Friday, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Dilruba Afroz Tithi granted the remand after the hearing.

Earlier, the DB Police produced the three accused before the court at 2:15 pm on Friday with 10-day remand prayers. After the hearing, the court granted them eight day’s remand.

Earlier, Syed Amanullah, Faisal Ali and Silisti Rahman were arrested in this case on Thursday.

On May 12, MP Anar went to India from Kaliganj in Jhenaidah through Darshana’s Gede border for treatment. He took shelter at the house of a friend named Gopal Biswas on Mandalpara Lane of Barahnagar police station in West Bengal. The next day he left the house saying to see the doctor. Since then, Anwarul Azim has been mysteriously missing.

Five days after leaving home, on May 18, friend Gopal Biswas filed a GD regarding Anwarul Azim’s disappearance at Barahnagar police station. Even then, this three-time member of parliament was not found. On May 22, news suddenly spread that Anwarul Azim was murdered in room BU 56 of a high-rise residential building called Sanjiba Gardens in the Newtown area of ​​Kolkata. Traces of blood were found inside the house. But the body was not found in the house.

Anwarul Azim’s daughter, Mumtarin Ferdous Doreen, filed a case at Shere Bangla Nagar police station in Dhaka on Wednesday, May 22, regarding the murder of Anwarul Azim in India.

The MP’s daughter stated in the statement of the case, that on May 9, at around 8 pm, my father left from the house of the MP building on Manik Mia Avenue to go to the village home Jhenaidah. On May 11 at 4:45 PM, talking to the father on video call on his mobile, the father’s speech seems a bit incoherent. After that, I called my father’s mobile phone several times and got it disconnected.

On May 13, a WhatsApp message came from my father’s Indian number. The message read – ‘I am going to Delhi suddenly, I have VIP with me. I am going to Amit Shah. No need to give me the phone. I will call you later.’

Besides, some other messages come. The messages may have been sent by the abductors using my father’s mobile phone.

It is further mentioned in the statement that we keep searching for father in different places. After finding no trace of my father, my father’s friend Gopal Biswas made a general diary (GD) at the Baranagar Police Station in Kolkata. Let’s continue to search for Father. Later, I came to know through various media and social media that unknown persons had premeditatedly kidnapped my father. We did not find my father even after searching all possible places.


Please Share This Post in Your Social Media

More News Of This Category
© All rights reserved © 2023 The Daily Sky
Theme Developed BY ThemesBazar.Com